60 Summer Party Ideas and Themes Outdoor Entertaining Tips
A basic serving of ketchup (2 tablespoons) can have 6 g of added sugar, according to the USDA. The AHA recommends that women have no more than 25 g of added sugar per day, while men should limit their added sugar intake to 36 g. Some companies, including Heinz, offer “no sugar added” varieties, so look for that on the label. Overall, enjoying condiments in moderation can help you scale back on high-fructose corn syrup and sugar, which may support your weight goals. You’ll want to read the ingredients lists on the bottles before making those purchases. In particular, look for added sugar, which is listed on the nutrition facts label.
- Whether you’re planning to host a small gathering or throwing a big bash, hosting the perfect DIY BBQ party can be a challenging task.
- It’s summertime and — as the saying goes — the living is easy.
When selecting foods, this really is one time where the phrase “throw another shrimp on the barbie” comes in handy. Such people are usually covering up for their own insecurities https://ecosoberhouse.com/article/survive-boozy-bbq/ and love to tear down others, especially those who are trying to better themselves. All too often, these seeds of doubt lead many to stray from their original plan.
Offer to bring a dish to the party.
If you’re already a master of your grill, you could browse for a more advanced recipe. However, if you’re relatively new to the grill game, keep it simple. There’s nothing wrong with a good backyard burger, as long as it’s made well! Do some internet sleuthing for barbecue ideas, or log onto Pinterest for some inspiration.
- When it comes to food, keep in mind that not everyone will have the same dietary needs or preferences as you do.
- Let’s face it – throwing a summer backyard BBQ in the Greater Kansas City Area requires lots of drinks to keep cool and snacks to replenish the electrolytes lost through sweat.
- In some people, fiber can also increase satiety, notes a systematic review of 44 studies that looked at 38 different sources of fiber.
- Grills should be cleaned thoroughly at the start of each grilling season and the grates should be scrubbed following each grilling session.
When it comes to dealing with food pushers and diet saboteurs, this a great deflection. Instead of filling up ahead of time, practice an extended fast during the first half of the day. Whether it’s ranch dressing or blue cheese sauce, it’s basically a liquid calorie bomb.
Ways to Enjoy BBQ Season Without Gaining Weight
Summer is the season of barbeque parties, outdoor gatherings, and scrumptious food. Whether you’re planning to host a small gathering or throwing a big bash, hosting the perfect DIY BBQ party can be a challenging task. From décor to food, everything must be planned meticulously to ensure your guests have an enjoyable time. Summer is now in full swing, and we’re ready for a party in the USA – or at least ready to start getting back together with our close family and friends again.
- They only take minutes to grill but are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Just don’t let your self-care fall by the wayside in the process.
- However, hosting an outdoor BBQ party takes planning and preparation to ensure the smooth running of your event.
- While you may be able to start enjoying more of the foods you love after your surgery, there are still a few foods you should avoid when attending BBQs this summer.
Bell pepper is a veggie that shines with a smoky, charred flavor. Krinsky likes to stuff them with quinoa, lentils, or brown rice; then she tops them with crumbled feta cheese and pine nuts before grilling them with coconut oil. Finish the stuffed bell peppers with fresh herbs and balsamic vinegar for an unexpected, flavor-packed dish. “A BBQ can be full of sugar, salt, and saturated fat, or it can be a delicious way to include some fresh, healthy foods,” says Ginger Hultin, RDN, owner of Champagne Nutrition in Seattle. They symbolize resurrection, transformation, change, and hope. I’m a healthy-eating enthusiast and organic food encourager.
Have a meal ahead of time
Everything goes in the trash except just a few serving plates and bowls. No one I know looks forward to dishes after a day of eating and hanging out. Put lean protein on your plate first, then a solid serving of veggies (try to fill at least 1/2 your plate) and some fruit for something sweet. Then, add a smaller helping of your favorite denser carb and fat options. However, organizing a memorable backyard barbecue requires planning and attention to detail. To ensure you host a successful event that your guests will rave about for months to come, we’ve curated some easy tips and tricks that will help you plan a fantastic backyard barbecue bash.
Summer is here, and what better way to celebrate it than hosting a backyard barbecue bash? It’s no secret that barbecues are one of the most popular activities during the summer season. They offer an excellent opportunity for family and friends to come together, enjoy delicious food, refreshing drinks, and create lasting memories. When planning your menu, consider your guests’ dietary preferences; vegetarian options will be appreciated by some guests while others may prefer grilled meats like burgers and hot dogs. Don’t forget side dishes like coleslaw, baked beans or corn on the cob as well as refreshing beverages like lemonade or iced tea. Easy clean up is another reason I love making Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage foil packs and Ball Park Beef Franks.